Gwinnett County Probate Court

HB 254 was passed and signed into law on May 3, 2023. The bill includes an amendment to O.C.G.A. § 9-13-143(a) increasing the rates newspapers can charge for legal advertisements. The Gwinnett Daily Post, the county’s designated legal organ, has recently indicated they will be raising their fees under the change in the law. In preparation for the increase in publishing rates, beginning on December 11, 2023, the Gwinnett County Probate Court will start to collect the following for the cost of publication:

Cost of Publication

Type of Notice



Letters of Administration

4 weeks


No Administration Necessary

4 weeks


Year's Support

4 weeks


Leave to Sell

4 weeks



4 weeks



1 week-4 weeks

$45.00 (1 week) -
$180.00 (4 weeks)

Debtors & Creditors

4 weeks


Guardianships & Conservatorships

2 weeks

$90 ($45.00 per week)

Publication fees can be included with the filing fees. We accept cash, credit cards (Visa, Discover, Mastercard), and personal checks/money orders made payable to Gwinnett County Probate Court.

Filing fees must be made payable to Gwinnett County Probate Court. Filings cannot be accepted for the record unless proper filing fees are included. Prior to filing your petition or application, please refer to the fee book for the accurate filing fee.

Please note that some petitions require service fees for parties who have not signed a consent or acknowledged service. Service and publication fees can be found by clicking here. Publication and out of County service fees must be paid by money order or an attorney’s check. The Court cannot accept international money orders.

For any questions related to filing fees, please send an email to probatecourt@gwinnettcounty.com

Probate Court filing fees are governed by statute: O.C.G.A. § 15-23-7 (ADR fees), O.C.G.A. § 15-9-60.1 (Children’s Trust Fund fees), O.C.G.A. § 15-21A-6 (Indigent Defense fees), O.C.G.A. § 36-15-9 (Law Library fees), O.C.G.A. § 15-9-60(b) & 15-21A-6 (Probate Court fees)

If you cannot afford to pay filing fees, you may complete a Petition to Proceed in Forma Pauperis. Your Petition to Proceed in Forma Pauperis may be granted initially but the fees may be required after an estate is opened and money is available to the Conservator or Personal Representative.

  Clerk's Office Fee Book
  Service Chart
  Petition to Proceed in Forma Pauperis