Certified Disposition Request
Credit Card Procedures
Traffic Court Procedures
Frequently Asked Questions
State certified programs are listed in the yellow pages of the phone book. No online courses will be accepted.
I am out of State. What are my options? (REC 25-623)
- MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE: If you live outside Georgia and have a citation that requires a mandatory court appearance, it may be necessary for you to hire legal counsel to represent you if you are unable to attend court.
- NON-MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE: If you received a traffic citation or citation issued by Animal Control then you will need to contact Recorder's Court to find out how much your citation can be paid for without appearing in court. However, if you wish to appear in Court, live outside Georgia, and cannot appear on your court date, it may be necessary for you to hire legal counsel to represent you.
I received a ticket for no proof of insurance. What are my options? (REC 25-624)
If you received a citation in violation of O.C.G.A. 40-6-10(a) for no proof of insurance, you have several options. A few of which are listed below:
- If you did not have insurance coverage on the date of your citation then you must appear in Court. You will find your court date given to you by the officer in Section IV on your citation. If you cannot appear in Court on your original date issued then you may wish to check out filing procedures for continuances for more information. Otherwise, you will need to arrive for Court approximately thirty (30) minutes prior to your scheduled Court time so that you can be processed for Court.
- If you were driving someone else's vehicle and do not know if there was insurance coverage on the vehicle then you must appear in Court. Please follow number 1 directions concerning appearing in Court.
Can I pay my ticket without coming to court? (REC 25-625)
If your citation does NOT require a mandatory court appearance you may pay your ticket by:
- Mail - Money orders or cashier's check only.
- In Person - Fines may be paid in person by money order, cashier's check, cash, debit or credit card during the hours of 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Drop Box - A drop box is located outside of the Court Annex building and available after normal working hours.
- Phone - (877) 794-0988.
- Online - Online payments are accepted at www.gwinnettrecorderscourtpmts.com
For information concerning credit card payments, please refer to Credit Card Procedures in the menu to the left. Please note that Recorder's Court Clerk's Office does not accept personal or company checks.
Can I continue my case? (REC 25-621)
- Traffic citations can be continued by the defendant personally signing a continuance form. The form is available at the Recorder's Court Clerk's Office. Office hours are from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The continuance form must be completed prior to the defendant's court date. Please note that only one continuance request can be granted by the Recorder's Court Clerk's office.
- County Code Ordinance violations cannot be continued without the Judge's approval.
Driver Licences Suspension (REC 25-622)
All driver's license suspensions are handled by the Department of Driver Services.
Probation for Recorder's Court (REC 25-618)
Sentinel Offender Services:
320 West Pike Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 6:00pm
Visit their website at www.sentrak.com
What is GRN?
What is WAP?
What is the Work Release Program?