Civil & Criminal Trial Calendars
Permanent Process Server
Abandoned Motor Vehicles
Civil Bad Checks
Civil Case Presentation
Civil Filing Claims/Answers
Civil Post Judgment
Criminal Procedures for Citizens
Personal Property Foreclosure
Abandoned Motor Vehicles - F.A.Q.s
What is an abandoned motor vehicle?
A motor vehicle is abandoned if:
- It has been left by the owner or some person acting for the owner with an automobile dealer, repairman, or wrecker service for repairs or for some other reason and has not been called for by such owner or person within:
- days after the time agreed upon
- when no time is agreed upon, within thirty (30) days after the vehicle is turned over to such dealer, repairman, or wrecker service; or
- within thirty (30) days after the completion of necessary repairs.
- It is left unattended on a public street, road, highway, or other public property for a period of at least five (5) days and when it reasonably appears to a law enforcement officer that the individual who left such motor vehicle unattended does not intend to return to such motor vehicle
- If has been lawfully towed onto the property of another at the request of a law enforcement officer and left there for period of not less than thirty (30) days without anyone having made claim to the vehicle
- It has been lawfully towed onto the property of another at the request of a property owner on whose property the vehicle was abandoned and left there for a period of not less than thirty (30) days without the owner(s) having made claim to the vehicle;
- It has been left unattended on private property for a period of not less than thirty (30) days with anyone having made claim thereto.